Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Uninvited




"Uninvited"

by Alanis Morissette


Like anyone would be
I am flattered by your fascination with me
Like any hot blooded woman
I have simply wanted an object to crave
But you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

Must be strangely exciting
To watch the stoic squirm
Must be somewhat heartening
To watch them burn me shepard
But you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

Like any uncharted territory
I must seem greatly intriguing
You speak of my love like
You have experienced like mine before
But this is not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight

I don't think you unworthy
I need a moment to deliberate




In context to the Mistress

Like anyone would be
I am flattered by your fascination with me


I know your obsession with me and my life will lead you to this blog, but I will no longer allow you to impact my life. I do not understand your fascination with me but should you choose to continue to read my blog it will only prove to me how obsessed you really are.


Like any hot-blooded woman
I have simply wanted an object to crave



I understand the pain you feel after having your husband have an affair on you and put you through this pain. I understand the loneliness and hurt that you felt and possibly still feel. But an unhealthy craving is not going to fill your void. You will never find happiness in the arms of a married man.

Me.....no I don't crave your attention. In fact I don't need anything from you and wish you would move on and leave my husband and I alone.


But you, you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight



You are no longer welcome in my life or my husbands for that matter. But feel flattered that your presence is still felt on a daily basis. An unfortunate slight.


Must be strangely exciting
To watch the stoic squirm



I feel for you that you take pleasure in watching innocent people suffer because of your selfishness. Rest assured my husband 'squirms' each day knowing that he jeopardised his marriage by becoming involved with you.


Must be somewhat hard telling
To watch them burn me sheperd



And what sort of person are you if you take pleasure in watching someone crash and burn? I hope you have healed your own wounds caused by your husbands' infidelity through watching me crash and burn by committing adultery with my husband. Does that feel good now, knowing that you have put someone else through the same pain you were put through?


But you you're not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight



My husband chose to invite you into our lives, but now we choose to UNINVITE you. You are no longer allowed to have any involvement in our lives.

It is such an unfortunate slight that my husband came to his senses and left you where you deserve to be left.....wallowing in your own self pity and immoral life.


Like any uncharted territory
I must seem greatly intriguing



I was the unknown to you wasn't I? There must have been many questions you had about me. You must have been intrigued by me.

You still are. You must still ask yourself what it is that I can give him that you could never give him. Why did he come back to me? What is it that I have that you don't?


You speak of my love like
You have experienced love like mine before



You speak of my marriage like you have experienced it and lived it yourself. You speak of how 'true' your relationship with my husband was and how deeply in love with him you were.

No relationship can be 'true' when its main ingredient is lies.

I feel for you because you so desperately wanted what I had. You tried so desperately to be me and have the same sort of relationship with my husband that I did. Fact is, you could never have had what we had because it was just too special. You tried so hard to fill my shoes, but you could never fill my shoes.


But this is not allowed
You're uninvited
An unfortunate slight



I know how much you wished to be a part of my husband's life on a permanent basis. It is such an unfortunate slight that he uninvited you from his life and your plans for my marriage were no longer relevant.

It is such an unfortunate slight that you were ignored. Rejected. Mistakenly overlooked.

Rest assured there was no mistake...... You're Uninvited

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love Alanis Morissette as a dinner guest, her words rock!

I have some itching of my own but alas it is of the alergy kind

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 1:12:00 pm  
Blogger kissmekate said...

BUGGER!!!

I didn't realise you could not view the video. I will have to get on and change it to one that does!

Get back to ya!

Thursday, November 16, 2006 9:36:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post was VERY powerful. I can feel your strength! Amazing!!

Thursday, November 16, 2006 2:35:00 pm  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Welcome back my friend.

Friday, November 17, 2006 2:51:00 am  
Blogger Leigh said...

"But an unhealthy craving is not going to fill your void. You will never find happiness in the arms of a married man".

You could not have said this any better. You are completly right.

Friday, November 17, 2006 9:30:00 am  
Blogger JQ75 said...

Yeah, Alanis is in my music collection, amazing how many lyrics take on such relevance when you go through difficult times.

Good job on your invitation list.

Monday, November 20, 2006 8:37:00 pm  
Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

I have never really considered the strength of Alanis's words.
Her words, along w/your retorts changed the images for me .. good stuff Kate.

Friday, December 01, 2006 5:53:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home