Sunday, June 10, 2007

The date that changed my life

We truly had a wonderful few days away. The place we stayed at was simply divine! Charlie picked it himself and kept it as a surprise for me.



I thought we would never reach our romantic getaway. We seemed to just keep driving and driving and driving! But I can assure you when we got there it was so worth it!


We stayed in a resort that overlooked the most sensational mountain range and gorgeous lake. It was actually built into the side of a mountain so you can imagine the views.

Check it out! You can just see the resort in the middle of the photo.




As you can see the views were absolutely amazing! Here is a zoomed in pic of the resort. You can just see the rooms below the reception office between the trees. They are actually built into the mountain so are a little diffcult to see.



To get to our room you had to go through darkened hallways and stairwells. The only light was the fairy lights that covered the ceilings. Because of the lighting level the photos really do not portray how magical it truly was.


We had a self contained studio suite, which was full of luxuries and all the mod cons you could want. The entire width of the suite was glass windows, overlooking the mountains and lake. These pics are the view we had from our suite which were taken from the back deck area of our suite.


On the deck there was a patio setting where Charlie and I sat and ate our breakfast each morning. The sky was constantly filled with little swallows and we watched them in awe as they darted here and there. They are a flitty little bird aren't they? And SO quick!


There was also a spa bath in the studio that overlooked the mountains. Charlie and I had a spa together every night of our romantic getaway. Charlie had packed a box of things before we left and included some of our favourite CD's, DVD's and candles. So we relaxed in the spa, with the suite drenched in flickering candlelight, sipping our red wine and listening to our CD's and watching the stars twinkling in the night sky. It was just gorgeous!


The resort was so private that at no stage did we even close the plantation shutters. We constantly walked around naked and not once did we feel cold! I guess that may have had something to do with the activities ;-) on offer! Or perhaps it was because of the amazing oldstyle logfire that was in the centre of the room.



Not once did we wear our watches, nor did we set an alarm clock. We let the natural light wake us in the morning. Charlie wakes earlier than me, so he gently woke me every morning with sensual kisses which usually led to other activites!

The best part of our escape was that we did absolutely nothing. We stayed at the resort, never venturing to the many tourist attractions nearby.

We played tennis. We went bushwalking. We made love. We layed on the bed and talked. We read a book together. We made love. We ate. We slept. We made love. We played scrabble. We drank wine. We made love.

We truly did have a romantic getaway and the date that changed my life last year, once again changed my life.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Made Up Maiden said...

I'm glad you had a lovely memory to commemorate the date. It looks/sounds like a gorgeous place and I think it all sounded terribly romantic! :)

Thanks for the pix!

Monday, June 11, 2007 1:33:00 am  
Blogger choose me. . . . love me said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm glad you will have good memories now of that day. Looks like a beautiful getaway, thanks for the pictures.

Monday, June 11, 2007 6:02:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heaven- love to hear where it was -privately of course! I could use a bit of change myself.

Monday, June 11, 2007 8:47:00 am  
Blogger Determined said...

wow, that's beautiful! I'm sure your mini vacation will make you forget about the bad anniversary date and replace it with memories from the good one instead.

Monday, June 11, 2007 4:50:00 pm  
Blogger Sunshine said...

how incredibly lovely, sounds like some precious memories were created.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:05:00 am  
Blogger Leigh said...

oh Kate reading this gave me goose bumps. I can't be happier for you. You two have worked so hard to get to where you are today. The pictures are beautiful.

Hope you are having a good day!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:31:00 pm  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

WOW, I think that says it all. I am so glad that the two of you got to spend some "quality" time together. The pictures are great!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 1:51:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home