Saturday, January 06, 2007

"Push me higher Daddy!"



As the sun streams through the bright blue sky scattered with huge white fluffy clouds, the swing in the park silently hangs from its metal frame, awaiting the attention of an innocent child.

The little girl runs excitedly over to the swing, looking back with her big blue eyes and curly blonde hair blowing freely in the gentle breeze, at her adoring father who is several paces behind.

And as she climbs up onto the weathered seat, she squeals excitedly “Push me Daddy. Push me.”

The little girl’s doting dad lovingly grants her request and pushes her. The smile on the little girls face brightens the day even more as her squeals of delight fill the air.

“Push me higher Daddy! Push me higher!”

And once again the little girl’s dad grants her request and pushes her higher into the sky, laughing and joking about the possibility of her flying off into the clouds with the birds.

As the swing is pushed higher into the air, she feels weightless and carefree, totally uninhibited, with not a care in the world. Nothing can stop her feeling of euphoria. She is floating in mid air, flying up to the clouds, looking down onto the world in a surreal dream. She feels the breeze blowing effortlessly through her hair and arches her body, leaning back on the swing to soak in the dizzy feeling created by closing her eyes.

And without warning the little girl cries out to her dad .....

“Stop. I want to get off. I've had enough.”

8 Comments:

Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Excellent post Kate!

Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:19:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldnt have said it better myself. Im on the verge of getting off as well.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 8:42:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tis Lara, have gone to mates place to post as I am having withdrawal symptons. Great post, sometimes too much swinging make you feel dizzy and nauseous and it's nice to have a break..

Saturday, January 06, 2007 1:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kate,

I have spent some time going through all of your previous posts. It is amazing to see how much you have grown as a person during your journey.

It is interesting to see your sense of humour shine through in some posts, and to almost feel your pain physically in others. The one about turning the page made me cry, and so did a couple of the others.

I hope that one day you will be able to see past the pain and accept your husband back fully. I really do believe that he is being honest now. I think the shock of almost losing you really made him see the light.

I know there is a long way to go. You will never ever forget. How could you? But it would be so wonderful if one day you could forgive.

Keep up the writing. You have a fabulous way with words.

I too have been the little girl on the swing. My adage for the past two years has been 'stop the world, I wanna get off'. And 6 months ago I did, sort of. One day when I'm ready I will get back on, and so will you Kate.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 7:16:00 pm  
Blogger Leigh said...

What a great post Kate. It is so true. Only to go back and be that little girl again.

Have a great weekend!!

Saturday, January 06, 2007 9:27:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...that girl on the merry-go-round next to ya...that's me. Mine will stop eventually as well...

**Always here if ya need to chat!!

Sunday, January 07, 2007 5:09:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ya kate, just me being naughty at work, god I can't wait to get my comp back from shop, roll on tomorrow night ( assuming it gets done today) Atleast Neighbours starts tnite, oh and ive moved my room all around so the damn comp isnt infront of the window. So how was your weekend lol

Monday, January 08, 2007 3:17:00 pm  
Blogger kissmekate said...

Hey guys,

Thanks for your support as always.

Hope everyone is well. I have been reading your blogs but I am having software issues that mean I can't comment :-(

Mac - hope you are doing ok. I've been thinking about you! Just can't email you at present cause of the 'puter issues.

Trying tog et them all sorted so hopefully I will be in contact with everyone really soon.

Monday, January 08, 2007 7:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home