Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So I'll let you fly



So Charlie called in to my house whilst I was at work. He left a present for me on my bedside table before he left and called me at work to tell me he had left it.

When I came home I was apprehensive about even going into my bedroom. But I took a deep breath and ventured toward my bedside table.

I saw an envelope addressed to me, well the nickname Charlie uses for me, and picked it up. I held it in my hands, turning it over numerous times, not really knowing if I wanted to open it or not.

I hesitated again but gathered the strength to open it.

Charlie had written "I cried so much when I heard this song this morning. Listen to it and cry with me."

I looked at my bedside table and found a CD he had burnt for me. It was only one song but I think the song says it all.


"Always Be My Baby"
by Mariah Carey




We were as one babe
For a moment in time
And it seemed everlasting
That you will always be mine
Now you wanna be free
So I'll let you fly
'Cause I know in my heart babe
Our love will never die no no

You'll always be a part of me
I'm part of you indefinitely
Boy don't you know you can't escape me
Ooh darling 'cause you'll always be my baby
And we'll linger on
Time can't erase a feeling this strong
No way you're never gonna shake me
Oh darling, 'cause you'll always be my baby

I aint gonna cry no oh
And I won't beg you to stay
If you're determined to leave boy
I will not stand in your way
But inevitably
you'll be back again
'Cause you know in your heart babe
Our love will never end no no

You'll always be a part of me
I'm part of you indefinitely
Boy don't you know you can't escape me
Ooh darling 'cause you'll always be my baby
And we'll linger on
Time can't erase a feeling this strong
No way you're never gonna shake me
Oh darling, 'cause you'll always be my baby

I know that you'll be back boy
When your days and your nights get a little bit colder
I know that
you'll be right back baby
Oh baby believe me it's only a matter of time

You'll always be a part of me
I'm part of you indefinitely
Boy don't you know you can't escape me
Ooh darling 'cause you'll always be my baby
And we'll linger on
Time can't erase a feeling this strong
No way you're never gonna shake me
Oh darling, 'cause you'll always be my baby

You'll always be a part of me
I'm part of you indefinitely
Boy don't you know you can't escape me
Ooh darling 'cause you'll always be my baby
And we'll linger on
Time can't erase a feeling this strong
No way you're never gonna shake me
Oh darling, 'cause you'll always be my baby


And as the tears streamed down my face, I couldn't help but think how I had to let him go and how hard that decision was to make.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful song...
I hope you too can get thru this together

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:14:00 pm  
Blogger Weekends Off said...

That song always makes me think of my ex when I hear it. I'm sorry Kate, I can't even fathom what you are going through, but I truely hope that you find peace soon, whether it is as part of a married couple or on your own, you deserve peace of mind at the very least.

Hugs

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 1:06:00 am  
Blogger Mackenzie1975 said...

Am I understanding the last couple sentences to read that you are letting him go??

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 2:24:00 am  
Blogger Leigh said...

*hugs* Kate, you are in my thoughts. Stay strong, and do what you have to do for you. Everything else will fall into place in time.

Try to have a good day.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:45:00 am  
Blogger Determined said...

wow kate, big move! Are you really letting him go?

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:10:00 am  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Boy, you sure do know how to leave a cliff-hanger...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:48:00 am  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Kate, As always my thoughts and prayers are with you. I sure hope that the two of you can make this work. Bless your heart my friend.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 5:11:00 am  
Blogger mt_detroit said...

Take your time and think about it Kate.

Is that what you really want to do?

If it is then we will support you, and help you move on.

Smile!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:01:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it hard, but isnt your love for him strong enough to overcome this?

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:10:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm with Manic what a cliff hanger....

I feel for you.... I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you.....


((((((((((((hugz)))))))))))))))))))

now go get a pack of mint slices or how about mint slice ice cream and devour it... it will make you smile :)

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:19:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm with Manic what a cliff hanger....

I feel for you.... I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you.....


((((((((((((hugz)))))))))))))))))))

now go get a pack of mint slices or how about mint slice ice cream and devour it... it will clear your mind...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:24:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm with Manic what a cliff hanger....

I feel for you.... I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you.....


((((((((((((hugz)))))))))))))))))))

now go get a pack of mint slices or how about mint slice ice cream and devour it... it will make you smile :)

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:26:00 am  
Blogger kissmekate said...

Hey Rose,

Your comment made me smile!

I had let him go in my heart and my head when he told me he was still in love with her. I let him go. The relief I felt was incredible because then I saw him in a different light.

We really have switched positions because when I let him go that is when the fog started to clear for him and he realised how much he did love me. He also worked out that he wasn't actually in love with the mistress at all.

This is when he came back to me. I have trouble with this because I did let him go. And now it appears he is letting me go.

Maybe now I will be able to see things more clearly as there won't be any extra pressure on me.

I don't know. I haven't given up completely but I am just so unsure as to what I want now.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:35:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home