Thursday, December 07, 2006

Angel in the Mist



I had a wonderful day with my Angel friend through the week. It is amazing how she is so in tune with my needs. We both have very busy lives but we always seem to know when we need to contact the other person.

So she called me and organised a day at the beauticians for us. I never argue with her. I simply tell her if I am available and she makes all the arrangements.

So after our pedicures, manicures and massages we went for a coffee. She could see I was in pain and she tried to convince me it is all worth it.

She told me how in the last few weeks she has finally been able to look at her husband and feel overwhelming emotion toward him. She is once again 'in love' with him.

She told me how she struggled with her emotions. She told me of the many lows that she endured to get where she is today, but now she was enjoying the highs.

She told me her husband had also informed her that he was in love with the other woman, and how she struggled to let go of that. She told me it had taken her around 18 months to be able to be civil toward her husband after he told her of his affair.

She told me how she used to feel as though she was losing it emotionally and that the turning point for her healing was when she developed some compassion toward her husband and his addiction.

She asked me if I felt any compassion for Charlie. I answered truthfully and said "None at all."

I guess she was a little shocked at my response. She thought I would be further along the path of healing.

What she did not realise was that Charlie had gone back to his mistress numerous times after telling me of his affair. Once I told her this she shared my pain and we sat there and cried together.

She was lucky. Her husband never continued to lie and deceive her. He came back and did not go back to the mistress at all. She did not have the hurt of continual contact and secret rendevous that I have had to deal with.

She reinforced how much he adores me and that it can work. She told me that what we will have will be so much better than what we had that it is so worth hanging in there. She told me that she knows how hard it is but I have to soften to him.

She asked me if I loved him and I could not answer.

5 Comments:

Blogger Weekends Off said...

It's OK that you couldn't answer. Better to recognize that in yourself than to cover it up saying something you don't feel. And I do believe you can feel it again, as she did, but it will take time. It sounds like you have a very good friend there, I'm so glad to hear that!

Keep on hangin on honey! I pray things get better for you!

Friday, December 08, 2006 1:40:00 am  
Blogger mt_detroit said...

Give yourself time. It may come back.

Friday, December 08, 2006 5:12:00 am  
Blogger JQ75 said...

I’m so glad you have an angel in your life. I have something similar to that in my only sibling, my younger brother. Fighting as children, but learning to support each other as adults, we have helped each other. It is so important to have someone who knows you so well.

Continue taking good care of yourself Kate, you appear to be on the right path. It will take time to understand your best course, don’t rush anything.

Friday, December 08, 2006 5:16:00 pm  
Blogger Leigh said...

Where would we be without our friends. I am glad you have support.

I have tagged you, list 6 weird things about yourself. Check out my site for details.
Hope you are doing well.

Have a great weekend.

Sunday, December 10, 2006 9:45:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific you have someone to vent to and just be there as a friend...

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 7:38:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home