Sunday, December 10, 2006

Everyday is a journey




Everyday is a journey....a decision we make that could change everything in one moment...it happens with all of us.

Sometimes we just need to be confident in the path we have choosen to take and know no matter what is at the end of this road...we will be stronger


Every morning I wake up not really knowing what the day will bring me. Somedays are good, other days are not.

Some days see me consumed with pain, writhing in anger towards the broken promises my husband made to me. Other days I simply exist within this marriage, not really feeling any pleasure or happiness.

Some days I wake up feeling great, but before the day is out, something has sent me spiralling downward. Often they are little things that trigger my dark descent, like driving past the airport that my husband flew out of with his mistress for her less than 24 hours of 'fun', or a song that is played on the radio.

I found a piece of paper the other day that upset me greatly. He made her a CD and I found the list of songs that he had written down and how he placed them in order. That just about killed me.

My journey used to be so easy. Now it is a long and rocky path, a difficult path that is often overgrown with trees and bushes that gnarl your skin as you walk on by. It doesn't matter how far you seem to have travelled, you never seem to get anywhere. You always feel as though you are still in the same spot, surrounded by darkness.

It appears that my journey has brought me to a fork in the road. I stand here in a grey gloominess not quite being able to see far enough down the road for my liking. I am not confident to take either path. Both paths are totally unknown and I am so uncertain of what lay ahead for me.

For the moment I have decided to take shelter beneath the dark and gloomy sky. And as I flatten out the creases in my picnic rug I hope and pray that the clouds begin to move and allow the sun to shine through, lighting the way of the path that is to be my destiny.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The future is a blank page waiting for you to write its story and follow its path"

Sunday, December 10, 2006 5:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ultimately you need to take "whatever road leads to YOUR happiness Kate.

Monday, December 11, 2006 8:36:00 am  
Blogger Leigh said...

It is funny how your story is opposite of mine, yet I find myself standing in that same dark place. There is that damn fork, I need to choose the path, but one doesn't look better then the other, so here I stand, very still. Kate my thoughts are with you. I know that you will make the right choice for you. Stay strong which ever way you go. Life is a journey not a destination.

Hope you had a good rest this weekend.

Monday, December 11, 2006 11:08:00 am  
Blogger Determined said...

honies, I was forced to choose The Path, and I aint any happier over here either.

Monday, December 11, 2006 12:58:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it never is easy, never gave the promise that it was. give time for yourself, away from all the stress that this brings you. find healing in the simple happy moments in life, and not dwell on those things that remind you of this affair.

surround yourself with laughter, with friends, with unforgettable moments. like what you said on your other post, you have friends you can share your tears with. with these kinds of people, the path you choose will not be as rocky as it may seem to be.

love and prayers.

Monday, December 11, 2006 1:58:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home