Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Best Birthday Present EVER

12.01 am
Charlie snuggled into my back, wrapping his arms tightly around my body and tenderly kissing my neck, quietly whispered in my ear "Happy birthday my darling".

I turn my head toward him and smile. He passionately kisses me on the lips as his soft, smooth hands massage my back and he gently scratches my bare skin with his well groomed fingernails.

Before too long, he is tenderly making love to me and as we both succumb to the pleasure of one another, we drift into unconsciousness holding each other closely, my head snuggled into his neck below his chin.

Approx 8.00 am
I don't know the exact time because I was half asleep, but I awoke to Charlie kissing my toes. With each kiss, he came a little higher up my body. With each kiss he gave me a reason why he loved me.

"I love you because you are my girl"

"I love you because you have the most amazing blue eyes."

"I love your nail marks." (aka chicken pox scars)

"I love you because you are beautiful."

"I love your little hands."

"I love you because you understand me like no-one else ever has."

The messages he gave me were rated on where he was planting the kisses...so I won't divulge some of the X-rated ones!

So once again he made tender love to me and once again we dozed holding each other closely, like a koala holding onto its mother.

10.00 am
Charlie once again wakes me. He laid down on the bed and we fooled around for a bit before getting up.

I jumped into the shower and reached up to find my shampoo bottle. On the top of my shampoo bottle I found a little note from Charlie along with one of my favourite chocolates. I giggled and thought "How cute!"

As I was getting dressed ready to go out for lunch I proceeded to find little handwritten notes and chocolates all over the house, places like in the microwave, on top of my coffee jar, on top of my skim milk, on my mobile phone.

The notes were gorgeous, some of them being "My heart still flutters when I get an SMS from you" stuck on top of my phone, "I don't think you understand how much I love you!" on top of my shampoo bottle, "I think you are HOT!" in the microwave, "You have the most gorgeous mouth that I have ever seen" and "Kiss me you fool" on my toothbrush.

And of course I did kiss him!

12.00 pm
We went out for lunch and shopping!

We went to the newest shopping centre which is absolutely massive. It was the best shopping outing I have ever had with Charlie. He did not look at his watch once, we held hands like teenage lovers, he dragged me into his arms and held me tightly while he kissed me passionately, oblivious to all the passers by looking on with smiles on their faces.

We discovered the most amazing book store. It was absolutely HUGE! And of course I purchased another book...like I really needed another one!

We chose a few things for the house and also discovered a fantastic shop that sold the most exquisite liquers and fortified spirits. We selected a Chocolate Port and purchased it as well.

Charlie had some shopping to do as he was planning something for my birthday evening at home, so he dropped me home before going out to the shops alone. I didn't mind because I had my new book to keep me entertained.

5.00pm
Charlie returned from his shopping spree and banished me to my room. I was not at all phased because I had read a few pages of my new book and could not wait to read it in its entirety.

Charlie went out to the rumpus room to wrap the gift that he had purchased for my birthday. He then went to the kitchen to start preparing my birthday dinner. I felt like a little girl sent to her bedroom for being naughty because I was still not allowed out of my room!

6.00pm
Charlie entered my bedroom and asked me to join him for dinner. As I entered the dining room he 'pops' the champagne cork and lovingly looks at me.

There are candles burning in the centre of the dining table. He has selected 5 of my favourite CD's and has them playing softly in the background.

On the table was a beautifully wrapped gift waiting to be unwrapped. Alongside the gift were two cocktail bowls, the same bowls Charlie purchased for the night that he first made dinner for me all those years ago.

In those bowls Charlie had made Prawn cocktails, the very same dish that he made as entree on that first night that I went to his house for dinner, the same night that we first made love.

So we ate, we drank the bottle of champagne and we listened to CD's. We once again fooled around, kissing each other passionately and making rude comments about what we were going to do to one another when we finally went to bed.

8.30 pm
We decided we had better make dinner! So we opened the best bottle of red on the wine rack, nothing arrogant, and went into the kitchen to prepare dinner together. I chopped the fresh herbs, coriander, mint and parsley, and the shallots, whilst Charlie tossed a beautiful fresh lebanese salad with his gorgeous hands, looking over the top of his glasses smiling at me and telling me how much he loves me.

We laughed and talked. We smiled and giggled. We lovingly gazed at each other whilst again making suggestions of what would happen when the lights later went out in the bedroom.

And once again Charlie banished me to my room.

9.30 pm
Charlie called me out of my room to join him on the back deck for dinner.

It was absolutely gorgeous!

He had turned the fairy lights on that cover the deck area and lit candles all around. He lit the candles on my new wall sconce and they looked divine!

And as I walked out onto the back deck, he pressed play on the remote control for the stereo. He had set up the stereo to play Ronan Keating's song 'Superman'.

"Superman" by Ronan Keating
Album : Bring you home

I've been heading in the wrong direction
Hiding from my own protection
Running but my heart was standing still
I guess you saw the light inside me
Your love has been a torch to guide me
I hope I can be all that you deserve.

Well I'm no superman,
But I'll love you the best I can
And you know I'm just flesh and bones,
But with you
I feel I'm flying
Don't you know I'm no superman
But I'll always be your man.

I was searching for a heart that's beating
As fast as the way I'm feeling
Trying to find some peace there in my soul
You know it was your love that saved me
The answer to my prayers you gave me
And I hope I'll be all your deserve.

I'd fight for you,
I'd die for you
You know I would
Hold back the night, light up the sky,
Oh if I could I'll always be your man.....yeah



He grabbed me and held me close to him. He promised never to let me down again. He cried as he told me how sorry he was for hurting me and how much he loved me.

Needless to say we both cried.

We sat down together and ate the most wonderful meal and drank a fabulous bottle of red wine. We talked and we reminisced. We laughed and we cried.

We talked about the last 9 years. We talked about the last 12 months. But most importantly we spoke about tomorrow, something I haven't been able to do for a long time.

As we finished our meal with divine King Island Dairy Brie and Chocolate Port we discovered the time was passed 2am.

So we finished the bottle of Chocolate Port and after consuming a bottle of champagne, a bottle of red and a bottle of Chocolate Port we finished the evening with pure unadulterated drunken SEX!

And once again fell asleep in each others arms.

It was the best birthday EVER!

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And may he worship your body and soul forever more !!

Oooo romance between two makes for a great Love...


wonderful post Kate !!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:59:00 am  
Blogger kissmekate said...

Hey Lara,

Great post

Divine meal and wine

Fantastic birthday

and

AWESOME sex!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:02:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forget that's life and new idea anon, this is best seller stuff. your boss will be so teased by this story he'll need more than coffe.
oh kate, what a great b'day for you. who deserves it????????
YOU DO!!!!!!!!
good stuff, happy b'day ameci

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:12:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Kate when you get this blog and the other published with Penguin can i have a signed copy hee haw

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:18:00 am  
Blogger kissmekate said...

The first one off the press my darling...the first one!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:19:00 am  
Blogger kissmekate said...

Hey justpip ..... I feel under pressure now to keep up with New Idea and That's Life.

LMAO re the boss and the coffee comment! But then if they keep 'That's Trash' on the table in the workplace kitchen it says alot about the workplace!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:22:00 am  
Blogger Determined said...

First of all, may you have many more birthdays, Kate!

I loved your post, but oh gosh, when I read that song Superman, it sure brought back memories....

Anyway, may you and your husband continue to be happy until death do you apart!!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:53:00 am  
Blogger kissmekate said...

HI Solarisgal,

Do you know the song? It is the most beautiful song. Unfortunately I could not find it in a format that I could use on my blog. And being technologically challenged don't know how to convert it to a useable format.

Bugger!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 12:00:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lara, you pipped me at the post, so i guess i get number two signed copy.
kate, baaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa
that's trash, that's right!!!!!!!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:46:00 pm  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Sounds awesome!

My questions--what five CDs did you listen to, and what book did you buy!?!?

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 2:42:00 pm  
Blogger Leigh said...

This sounds like the perfect day, the perfect evening. I read it with tears in my eyes. You two really are my inspiration.

I am so happy to hear things were sp great. Keep it up.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 4:30:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, my dear

Do the words 'too much information' mean anything to you?

Good gracious, it's hot and steamy enough here already, and the only man in sight is Big Rev Trev! LOL! (Not remotely an option!)

Glad you had such a lovely birthday darling.

Can't wait to hear about your skydive! We can compare notes.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 6:54:00 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

Gosh, what an awesomely romantic post. happy birthday. May the love between the two of you increase every year by leaps and bounds.
Drop into my blog for loads of unique birthday gift and party ideas.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:13:00 pm  
Blogger Weekends Off said...

That sounds like a fantastic birthday!!!! Wow, he really did a great job..I love the microwave note, "your hot" lol that was adorable!

I am so glad you had such a happy birthday Kate, you deserve it and many, many more!

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:56:00 pm  
Blogger KBear said...

that post made me cry (im a sap)
im sooo happy you had a good day kate. It's looking like you are truly on the road to a new beginning, and i couldnt be happier for you!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:56:00 am  
Blogger kissmekate said...

It truly was an amazing evening. He gave me the choice of taking me out for dinner or staying home. I am so glad I chose to stay in.

Drinking a glass or two whilst listening to CD's is one of our favourite things to do together so it truly was a perfect evening.

Kbear - I think we are on the path to recovery. We still have good days and bad days. I hope you didn't cry too much!

Manic Mom - I purchased a book about infidelity that is difficult to get, called "NOT Just Friends". AWESOME book for anyone that suffers the trauma of infidelity.

As far as CD's I can't remember them all now but Ronan Keating "Bring you home", and Pink were playing. Others were probably Nickelback and Train.

We have approx 400 CD's and have a diverse selection so it could have been anything!

Pip I'll hand deliver your signed copy to your door! Which you girls have just reminded me that I have to get some stuff for Charlie, because HE is pursuing a book deal for me and has some great contacts in the publishing industry!
WOO HOO!!!

Leigh - your inspiration? WOW! Can't access my email at the moment but will email you very soon.

Sammy what is wrong with Big Rev Trev??? I am sure he would be offended!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:39:00 am  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

What a wonderful birthday. I hope you have many many more exactly the same. It gets easier and easier as the days go by my friend, keep your head up. It takes a while to forgive and even longer to forget..wait, we don't forget but we DO get to a place where we can trust again and please believe me, it does get easier. Good Luck to the both of you.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 7:52:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am quite sure you two will survive this, infact this may have even made Charlie wake up to the fact that a marriage lasts if you stick with it and work on it and do whatever it takes to keep it from harms way !Yes that is correct, protect your union Charlie as if Life itself depended on it and you won't travel too far from the joy of a long and healthy marriage for you both ..
Kate you are very good for Charlie, you mate are real!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:45:00 am  
Blogger always kris said...

I had the same questions as manic mom, so I am glad she asked. lol

Sounds like a wonderful birthday, one that everyone should get the pleasure of experiencing once in their lifetime.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 10:09:00 am  
Blogger kissmekate said...

Karin's korner- thanks! It helps when you hear comments like yours from somebody that has gone through the trauma of infidelity. I read everything that I can and it all says the same......it takes time.

Always kris - thanks for stopping by and welcome!

lara - Charlie has always said that I know him better than he knows himself. I think I keep him 'real' and I am VERY thankful for the chance of having a crisis that has made us look into ourselves.....because man I am reaping the rewards now!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 10:21:00 am  
Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

That is so lovely.
I am also glad that you are reaping the benefits ... as you should!

Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:24:00 pm  
Blogger meg88 said...

Hi Kate Happy Birthday . Sounds absolutly amazing. Charlie could give romance lessons to someone I know.Youre hand delivering Pips book, Ido hope mine is personally delivered too!! Much love.Sounds like you and Charlie are well and truly on the road to recovery.

Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:49:00 pm  
Blogger Survived said...

Sounds like a wonderful day, Kate. Hope your happiness continues.

I haven't read that book - it's about the only one I haven't - but I agree that they all say you need to give it time. I think some books say more to you than others. I found After the Affair and How Can I Forgive You? by Janis Abrahms Spring to be very helpful.

Friday, January 26, 2007 3:33:00 am  
Blogger mt_detroit said...

sounds awesome!

Now when do we get to see the pictures! or Video (s)
Giggle

Friday, January 26, 2007 10:34:00 am  
Blogger kissmekate said...

Meg...Meg...MEG!!!! WELCOME!!!

You know what? I think all of you willbe invited to the book launch and I will hand over signed copies along with a glass of champagne.

Just surviving - After the Affair was a great book that I found very helpful, as did Charlie. However, having read a portion of 'NOT "Just Friends"' by Shirley Glass, I have to say I am getting more out of this book. I think it may well be the stage of recovery that I am at, but I have to highly recommend both of these books.

Mt detroit you are wicked! No video but do have some pics. Might post them on another post. Stay tuned!

Friday, January 26, 2007 1:50:00 pm  
Blogger Survived said...

K is reading the book at the moment, and making notes apparently. I think I may get Not Just Friends - I've seen it on Amazon - at the risk of over-reading on the subject of infidelity!

Friday, January 26, 2007 4:54:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate... where are you? Still coming down from your b-day?

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:32:00 am  
Blogger Leigh said...

Just droping in to check on you!

Hope you are doing well.

Thursday, February 01, 2007 2:44:00 pm  
Blogger kissmekate said...

Hey guys....away at moment.

Picking up the cherubs but coming home tomorrow.

Thanks for checking up on me!

Thursday, February 01, 2007 11:47:00 pm  
Blogger Mackenzie1975 said...

*Blushing*
I think you two kids will be JUST FINE!!!

Saturday, February 03, 2007 4:42:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home